Online quantitative fieldwork with built-in time controls

No speeding respondents - Better open-ended answers - Results that make sense under scrutiny

Quantitative

Key benefits

  • High quality standards
  • Properly qualified respondents
  • Intelligent data cleaning 
  • Global sample provision
  • Time-saving client service

Main types of work

  • NPD tests (concepts, packaging, etc…)
  • Usage and attitude studies
  • Segmentation studies
  • Brand research 
  • Advertising testing

Services

  • Fieldwork and tabulation
  • Coding
  • Translation
  • Questionnaire design
  • Free tabulation tool

Time-controlled surveys

The main reason we include time-controls in online questionnaires is that without them many respondents will race through at such a speed that they cannot possibly have read the questions. The industry-standard approach to quality of excluding the fastest 5%-10% of respondents from a survey is arbitrary and completely inadequate. What about the other 90%+? We can show you some examples of the speed at which respondents answer surveys if you are interested.

Another advantage of using time-controls in online questionnaires is that they ensure all respondents see concept descriptions or statements, or stimulus materials, for the same amount of time. This means that comparative scores on rating scale questions are more meaningful.

To find out more please contact us

Online quantitative research insights

Why we focus on quality

Panel respondents take survey after survey, for modest incentives, so it is hardly surprising that some of them don’t pay as much attention to quality as clients might like. Luckily, there are some easy ways to make big quality improvements.

How we work

Clients can provide us with their questionnaire (whether in draft or final format) and any stimulus materials, together with details of the sample they require. Alternatively, we can advise on questionnaire design, sample design or size, or other areas. 

Panel sample

Instead of running our own panel of respondents, we buy in sample from other panels. This does not cost clients any more (than using a panel themselves to run a survey), and it allows us to provide our uniquely flexible service.

No matter how complex a study, MRQual has never let us down. Their knowledge of online research methods is second-to-none and their approach to client service is wholehearted and proactive. They have a very happy client in Firebrand.

ANDY BOOTH
Firebrand Insight